1889 Flood Article Along Old Rt15



Photo from William Burr's  Lindley History 1951
The road on the south close to the white building (Hill's Store) is Morgan Creek Road. The arrow is pointing to Mr.Burr's home -in vicinity of Caroline Drive.
 
+Although article is dated 1949, it is  describing much of  the area around the Lindley bridge in 1889.  It ,also, mentions how many of Lindley's old records were lost.
Until the Corp of Engineer Dams were built in 1975/6 (after the 1972 flood), flooding was a common occurrance in this area.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With Sadness

From Steuben County Historian Files