Lindley RR Depot 1904
The New York Central Railroad Company has built a new passenger station at Lindley, about a half mile north of the old station which latter has been abandoned .The giving up of the old station was opposed by some of the most influential ciitizens of the village on the ground that the change of the site would not be so convenient to the people. The matter was taken before the State Railroad Commission ,which decided in favor of the Company ".
The new station was located in back of the "Station" or River Road School at the west end of the Church Creek Road. The depot is now the living room of the Kernan home -having been moved there by Warren and Eleanor Stuart when they built their new home on Church Creek Road. The old school is now a residence (*Kitty)
in the Pine Grove,but in poor condition)(* Kitty)