Saturday, March 14, 2009

1910 Postcard

The postmark on the "Penny Postcard" (Postage was a 1 cent stamp) of Orr's Landing is August 1910. In the newspaper clipping mentioned before on the blog, Amos Orr sold his store corner of Morgan Creek Road and U.S. Rt.15-(what was Rt 15 then ) to Wagner and Dillon in January 1912. (This store would have been on the West side of"old Rt.15" where construction is now being started for new 2 lane bridge.)

Does anyone have information on S.E. Hartman who took photos for Lindley postcards about 1910? One shows the Orr Store and "old" Town Hall -Morgan Creek Road and"old Rt.15 ". Another is an iron bridge on what we think is Tannery(Cook's) Creek. Postmarks are 1910.

No comments:

Post a Comment