Dick Riffle-The People of Lindley as I Knew Them 1922-1940

"We now come to the Ernest Lundgren home. the 3 oldest, Bob,John,and Hugh were good baseball players.Hugh and I played on the Lindley team together. The daughters were Ruth and Gertrude. The latter and I graduated from Lawrenceville High School in the Class of 1934. The summer of 2006, I met Hugh's son -Jim and had a good 2 hour visit with him. He showed me a number of his Indian artifacts he has found on his property. I,also, enjoyed a 2 hour visit with Elmer and Lucia Huels who lived a short distance from Jimmy's. Elmer's artistic skill in glass engraving is beautiful and fascinating."
This ends Dick's memories of those who lived on the south end of River Road-now County Rt.#116 On the next visit with Dick (who will be 94 in May and who still shares Bits of Lindley History by both E-Mail and snail mail), will recall those who lived north of the Lindley bridge.
Thanks Karen (Lundgren ) Ballard for sharing the sketch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Brief History of Corning ,N.Y. Northside High School

Our Town Lindley,N.Y.

Brigadier General John Taylor - (2nd Husband of Mary Miller Lindsley)